Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

As the holiday season is starting to ramp up into full swing and Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I just wanted to say that I am very thankful for my family, friends, and pets.  

I consider myself very lucky that I am able to stay at home after the closing of the shop.  My husband works hard, and money is tight, but he makes it possible for me to be at home.  He's a great guy, my best friend and I love him so much.

My daughters, parents and grandchildren are all in good health.  Love them!

My pets are getting older, and we had some unfortunate news from the vet regarding Josie that we will address on Monday, but I am so thankful that they are here.  (It's too hard for me to verbalize about Josie, but she will be having a major surgery on Monday for another mast cell tumor.  I pray that all turns out well for my baby).  My dogs are my company here at home and I love them dearly.  

So, all in all, I have much to be thankful for!

In "business" news, I've been working on more baby wraps.  I finished "Graffitied Rainbow" and this one was sent off to a momma in Texas.  



I warped up the Mighty Wolf for some more dishtowels and wove up a bunch.  My friends in our knitting group ended up purchasing all of these!  

I've got another warp that I'm tying on to this existing warp to weave up some more of these.  

A week or so back, I had the desire to do a little bit of spinning.  My spinning cupboards upstairs in my second studio are stuffed with spinning fiber.  Although it's really pretty when it's unspun, I just have too much!  I decided it's time to do a spin-down.  This one that I spun up is from a club that I'm in from Enchanted Knoll and was a 65/35 Merino/Silk top.  



Otherwise, that's about it for now!  Tonight will be getting the stuffing ready for the turkey.  We'll be having a small gathering tomorrow since my older daughter and her kids can't make it down for Thanksgiving.  As I said, there is lots to be thankful for - this year and every year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment