Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What I've been up to

It's almost Christmas, and I've been doing some crafting.

I have 3 baby wraps on the Megado loom that I'm really trying to finish up by the end of the year.  I actually cut one off to wash and see how it looked.  I'm using 100% superwash merino wool for the weft on all 3 of these, and I wanted to see how it washed up.  I will admit to waking up in the middle of the night with a panic attack about this.  The weft is a hand-dyed wool, and sometimes hand-dyed yarns have a tendency to bleed.  Add in the fact that this is a very dark, midnight blue, and I really panicked thinking about the blue bleeding all over the beautiful rainbow gradient warp.  I am so happy to say that Tanis Fiber Arts yarn is really color set! No bleeding at all.  Whew!


I've been doing some knitting also.  My daughter asked me to knit up some hooded cowls for my granddaughters, so I have those almost done.  I'll post photos after I get the buttons sewn on.

I've been knitting socks, socks, and more socks too.  Footies also.  There is just something so comforting about knitting these, although I probably have more socks and footies then I will ever need at this point!  I also knit up a cute pair of super toasty warm, lined mittens.




I needed a bunch of Christmas gifts for my knitting group, and with being on a very limited budget, I knew that I had to handcraft some type of gifts, so I decided to make a bunch of key fobs using some of my handwoven fabrics.  I like how they turned out - there were 5 different kinds.  The extras ended up going into my etsy shop (www.stringalongfiberarts.etsy.com).

Josie is recovering well from her surgery.  We love her, no matter how she looks.

And Koby is as goofy as ever.  He's slowed down quite a bit due to his back and hind leg issues, but he's a happy guy.  Can't ask for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment