Friday, April 16, 2010

1st Weave

OK, so this weaving thing could very easily get out of hand! It's SO much fun - I even enjoyed the warping.
Here's my very first weaving project - warped in one evening and finished the weaving the following morning!

For the warp, I used less than a hank of Cascade 220 and for the weft, I used less than a hank of Mountain Colors Mountain Goat.
I'm already planning my next project. I think I'll use some of my handspun for the next one.
Spring has officially arrived here in Minnesota (and quite early this year too). I managed to capture our apricot trees in bloom. The blossoms are all starting to fall off now though. It's a shame that they don't last longer, but they are beautiful and they do smell so nice for the short time that they are in bloom.


And I leave you with a parting shot of my good buddy - He's had a rough month. I love him dearly.

1 comment:

  1. Koby's face is just so expressive! I look forward to more blog posts! :)

    ReplyDelete