Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Playing With Handspun

Last summer, I participated in the Tour de Fleece (basically, you set a goal and spin during the run of the Tour de France). I ended up spinning a bunch of Polwarth Roving.

Since then, I put the yarn away in a cubby in my craft room and would take it down every once in a while and admire it (and examine my flaws in the yarn - gauge wasn't consistent between the bobbins) and put it away again. I knew that I wanted to make a sweater out of it, but was unsure of which sweater.

I finally cast on in April using a top-down ragland sweater pattern that I felt would show off the color changes (much like Noro) the best.

This was so fun to knit! There is just something so satisfying from knitting with your own handspun yarn!

I've also started a second weaving project. This one is also using some of my handspun for the weft. So far, so good!


And last weekend, my husband got our pond up and running. What a dirty job for him (something he really hates doing), and he wasn't in the mood for me to snap a photo of him in action, so I leave you with a photo of a nicely cleaned pond. Ponding season has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment