Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big Girl Toys!

AKA Christmas in April?????

This week was a banner week as far as new Big Girl Toys coming into the household!


On Monday, I took delivery of an Ashford Knitter's Loom 20". This one will eventually end up in the shop as a shop model, but I have it at home for the time being so I can play around with it and do some practice rigid heddle weaving. I'm planning on expanding into weaving at the shop, so I need to do some quick learning! (I have a Schacht Baby Wolf scheduled to arrive in around 5 weeks - Woo Hoo!)

Yesterday, Mr. UPS showed up at the shop with this!

This, my friends, is a Schacht Reeves Saxony 30" in Cherry! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! It was delivered at the shop and my hubby came to pick up the boxes in the SUV. There is NO way that this would fit in the back of my car. The size of the box that contained the wheel was HUGE to the point that for a brief moment, I wondered what I had done! Once it's all put together (again, thanks to the hubby) it isn't nearly as huge as the boxes make it look. Don't get me wrong, it's a big wheel, but manageable. I took it for a test spin last night and it is a dream to spin! My husband was quite impressed with the workmanship on this one, and let me tell you, he's not easily impressed with my "toys".

So tonight, I plan to sley the loom!

No comments:

Post a Comment