Saturday, June 26, 2010

Storm Damage

For those of us that live in Minnesota, June has been a very wet month.

Yesterday in the early evening, a storm rolled in. While we didn't get any hail here at home, there were some good downpours and lots of wind. Because of the direction that the wind was blowing and the amount of rain coming down, I knew that I was getting flooded inside my shop. (The front sidewalk outside my door doesn't slope correctly, so if we get heavy downpours, I usually end up with water pouring in under my door.) So, off to the shop with my husband during the torrential rains to mop up the front of the shop.

When we got home last night after mopping up the store, the rain had mostly finished and I was able to walk around the back yard picking up things that had blown over.

That's when I spotted the storm damage -


My frog's umbrella is gone! Swept away in the wind and rain and nowhere to be found! (He should be holdng the umbrella in his right hand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment