Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain

Today is Day 3 of rain and cold weather. I'm OK with that though, because it means it is still SWEATER weather! I've been wearing my handspun/handknit sweater quite a bit lately. Even though it is a simple pattern, it is so satisfying wearing something that you both spun the yarn for and then knit it all up!

Since I enjoyed spinning for the sweater last summer, I started a new sweater spinning project at home.


This is a blend of coopworth and mohair. I picked up one bump of it at Shepherd's Harvest last year and then ordered more about 2 months ago when I decided that it would be nice for a sweater. I've already spun up 3 bobbins full and have those plied off. When we get a brighter day, I'll take photos of the yarn so far.

Cute pup photo for the day - My dogs follow me everywhere at home. When I'm up in the spinning studio, I have a little dog bed for Josie (the frenchie). Koby usually lays on the loveseat when we are upstairs, so having one bed upstairs for the pups usually works out just fine. This day though, they both decided that they were going to use the dog bed.......

It's a Pug-spill!

Oh, and the post from the other day? I now have a Schacht Baby Wolf Loom! It's actually going to be a shop model , but I have it at home for now so I can play with it and figure it out. I've got some of it set up already, but my goal is to get this baby warped by then end of the weekend. Warping Board, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment