Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Warped once again!




Even though I had most of the loom warped over the weekend, I put off beaming the warp until I had a roll of brown paper that I had ordered. It arrived, (40 lbs of it - hello, I'll never, ever use all of this paper) so this morning before heading into the shop, I finally finished up with the warping!

In years past, when I would think about maybe taking up weaving, the thought of warping is what always made me change my mind. I figured that I would love the weaving part, but absolutely hate the warping. I have to tell you, I LOVE to warp! I'm very surprised, but I love the entire process! Direct warping is fun, and then using the warping board and warping front to back is a blast!

The above is for a sample piece from the book, Learning to Weave by Deborah Chandler. I have to tell you, this is a fantastic book. Great instructions and photos and very in-depth. Next step - actual weaving!
I'll leave you with a photo of my assistants! I don't know how I could get anything done in the morning without all of their help - especially Koby!

No comments:

Post a Comment