Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend progress!

We had fantastic weather this past weekend. I worked at the shop on Saturday, so all my weekend activity had to happen on Sunday and Monday morning.

The hubster got the fish out in the pond bright and early on Saturday morning. It's quite an undertaking and I know his back was hurting by Saturday night. We have 2 koi that are quite large and all the fish have to be transported from the basement wintering tanks upstairs to the pond outside in a huge plastic bag filled with water. HEAVY! They have to float in the pond until the water temp in the bag adjusts to the pond water temp.

Now that they are in the pond, we begin the Heron Watch. I'm hoping that because we got the fish in so much later than we usually do that the heron gave up on our little pond.


Sunday was spent out in the yard doing, well, yard stuff! We made a quick run to 2 garden centers and then got to work in the back yard. I got some vegies planted in the garden, Wilson helped me relocate a rose bush and then we planted 3 lilac bushes.

I did manage to get my warp chains done on Sunday morning while Wilson was still sleeping. (Please ignore the back cushion on my chair - it's my dogs' favorite napping place and it is showing tons of wear. New furniture is not in the game plan anytime soon, so I have learned to turn a blind eye to my mangled furniture.) I'm using a warping board this time.

And Monday morning, before heading in to the shop, I started warping the Baby Wolf! I'm almost done. One thing I do know - I need new glasses and/or better light!

No comments:

Post a Comment