Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sleepless and Heartsick

Yesterday, I found out that the business next door to me is closing as of today. They aren't able to finish out their lease. I can't tell you how hard this has hit me. As tired as I was last night, I could not get my mind to turn off so I could sleep.

I know how much time, effort, money, personal sacrifice and so much more goes into running a business. The owners next door are nice people who tried very hard to make a go of their business in the bad economy and having to deal with unsympathetic property owners/landlords who refuse to work with you. It's no secret that the business owners in our shopping center have been struggling since our anchor tenant pulled out 4 years ago. The surprising thing is that the owner of the center does not seem to care how many more businesses have to shutter their windows and close down their business.

I'm broken hearted for my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment