Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Weekend, Another Drive

After a quick run into the eye doctor yesterday morning, then a longer run into the vet with Josie (ear infection, bacteria infection and yeast infection, and 3 medications), the weather started to look like it was going to clear and become pretty nice, so Wilson and I headed out for another little drive.

It's no secret that I have been starting to weave, and in my email inbox yesterday was an email from a lovely little shop called Color Crossing in Roberts, WI. Since I know that they carry weaving supplies, Wilson agreed that it would be a nice drive to head out in that direction. The owner and staff were lovely and very welcoming! Wilson got to look at some looms in the shop, and also in the studio area. I ended up getting two small fiber bumps for spinning, a magazine and a nice little handy caddy that I can put my notions in on my work table.

After Roberts, we headed into River Falls and walked along Main Street. On the way back, we alsso headed into downtown Hudson and walked Main Street there too.

On the way back into the cities, we took the chance that the weaver's room at the Textile Center would be open and as luck would have it, they were! Picked up some unmercerized cotton for a set of towels that I hope to weave for Christmas gifts.

An early dinner was had at the Longfellow Grill, then we headed home.

All in all, a nice day and time well spent with Wilson.

Today will be a "working at the shop" day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment