Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fiesta!

I figured it was time to get the Baby Wolf Loom warped again and decided that I would do something a little more ambitious other than a plain tabby or twill weave.

I went through my drafts that I have and decided on some Fiesta Towels.

The other weekend, I grabbed my warping board and got started. The warp ends are about 4-1/4 yards long and I needed 360 ends. I'm using some 5/2 Cotton that I picked up from my shop. I hope to get 4 towels out of this warping and will make them in several different colors for the weft.


Over several weekends, this is what I have done -




Here's a close-up of the heddles threaded.





Yesterday, I finally finished getting this all warped. On Labor Day, I had discovered a threading error that I made (I got off on my pattern mid-way through.) Of course, that meant that I had to take almost half of the warp threads out of the heddles and re-thread them. It wasn't too bad though - I do enjoy warping the loom, which surprises me - I always thought that would be the worst part of weaving.

It's now the unofficial start of Fall here in Minnesota though things are still nice and green. Here and there, you will spot some fall colors starting to emerge. Ponding season will be winding down and soon it will be time to bring the fish inside to the basement.


Our pergola has been overrun by our grape vines this season. Underneath all of the leaves, we do have a boatload of grapes. We never harvest them though - we just leave them for the birds to enjoy.



The weather this weekend has been spectacular, so I think the Mr. and I will be taking a little road trip today to enjoy the scenery. I'm not sure where we will end up, but it will be some time spent together which is always in short supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment