Monday, September 27, 2010

Celebrating the Number 70

Sunday was my father's 70th birthday, so we made the trip up to their home near Cumberland, WI. The drive was spectacular - the leaves are changing in a hurry up in that area, so it was quite scenic.

Another reason for the trip was for Wilson to help get the dock in. Of coure, late September equals cold lake water! My husband is quite a trooper though. He jumped right in to the lake without any waders or anything. (Of course, knowing that he was going to be helping with this, he did bring a change of clothing along.)


It was a lovely day with good company, good food, and good made from scratch chocolate cake!

On the fiber front, I finally finished up some yarn that was on one of my wheels for quite a long time. I ended up with approx. 1040 yards of a two-ply laceweight.

Now I hope to get back to the loom and finish up my towels, then get it warped once again for some holiday towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment